Our Commitment to Sustainability
We know sustainability is increasingly important to our attendees and exhibitors, as well as to our market as a whole. Running our pharma events gives us lots of opportunities to improve our impact socially, environmentally and economically.
Beyond our responsibility to make our events as sustainable as possible, we also want to support the pharmaceutical community in becoming more sustainable as an industry. Through connecting stakeholders, championing best practice and curating expert content our aim is to help solve the big challenges in our sector.
Our Three Aims
Help our markets through inspiring sustainable developmentWe focus on:
Our efforts include:
- Using our content to support the sustainability of the market the event serves
- Inspiring our suppliers, exhibitors and other stakeholders to deliver a sustainable event
- Developing market relevant partnerships
- Facilitating content sessions and learning opportunities on sustainability within the pharma industry
- Our Innovation Gallery displays the most recent trends within the industry
- Collaborating with our official sustainability partner, the Pharmaceutical Supply Chain Initiative (PSCI)
- The Sustainability Award recognizes innovative ideas and sustainable development in the Pharmaceutical industry
Run our events in an environmentally responsible mannerWe focus on:
Our efforts include:
- Reducing our event’s carbon emissions
- Creating less waste
- Considering the sustainability credentials of the items sourced for the event
- Eradicating the use of single-use stand build to minimise waste levels and enhance customer experience
- All of the carpet, signage and paper used at the event is recycled
- As a visitor to our events you can purchase carbon offsets for any unavoidable carbon emissions from your flights while registering for the event
- Our event bags and lanyards are made from recycled materials
Operate in a socially responsible mannerWe focus on:
Our efforts include:
- Doing business safely and ethically
- Considering wellbeing and accessibility for all
- Creating a positive impact on our host cities
- Measuring our impacts
- Ensuring our content sessions profile a diverse range of speakers
- Implement the highest health and safety standards on-site
- Reduce local traffic congestion through using a vehicle booking system and encourage the use of public transport
- Work with local suppliers and businesses to ensure positive impact on the local economy
Our official sustainability partners
We are proud to partner with the Pharmaceutical Supply Chain Initiative (PSCI), the top membership body driving excellence in safety, environmental and social outcomes across the global pharmaceutical and healthcare supply chain. The PSCI and its members are working to create responsible supply chains via their shared audit platform, world-leading supplier capability building program, and the PSCI Principles for Responsible Supply Chain Management.
We are pleased to partner with BioPhorum, the open and trusted environment where senior leaders of the biopharmaceutical and medical device industries come together to openly share and discuss emerging trends and challenges. BioPhorum comprises 160+ manufacturers and suppliers deploying their top 7500 leaders and subject matter experts to work in ten focused Phorums, articulating the industry’s technology roadmap, defining the supply partner practices of the future, and developing and adopting best practices.
UPS Healthcare, a leading logistics company in supply chain optimisation, has partnered with CPHI Barcelona to support sustainability initiatives, to be highlighted at the CPHI Worldwide event in Barcelona in October 2023.
The PSCI have launched their framework for suppliers in the pharmaceutical and health industry for increasing social and environmental responsibility, complete with guides and resources, all showcased in a helpful webinar.
Olon, the leading CDMO and API supplier has partnered with CPHI Barcelona to support sustainability initiatives, to be highlighted at the CPHI Worldwide event in Barcelona in October 2023.
In this interview with Sandra Sánchez y Oldenhage, President of PharmAdvice, she speaks to the importance of considering patients in the manufacturing stages of the pharmaceutical supply chain, and how it can redefine healthcare.
Position your company at the heart of the global Pharma industry with a CPHI Online membership
Your products and solutions visible to thousands of visitors within the largest Pharma marketplace
Generate high-quality, engaged leads for your business, all year round
Promote your business as the industry’s thought-leader by hosting your reports, brochures and videos within your profile
Your company’s profile boosted at all participating CPHI events
An easy-to-use platform with a detailed dashboard showing your leads and performance